Monday, August 9, 2010

Crafts

Before VBS I felt completely uninspired, especially concerning crafts. We had decided that puzzle pieces fit with our mystery theme. But I wasn't totally sure what to do with them. And our highly imaginative co-worker, Katrina R, had had to go home. I requested prayer on Facebook and did my best.

The children seemed to enjoy some of them. Some of them were left behind when they left.

Now coming to the last and hardest group of children to work with, we needed more crafts and we needed more attention applied to the ones we had. So Lena and I have spent the day working and reworking our crafts with these results.

This is a re-worked refrigerator magnet.

This is a pen/pencil holder for on a desk.

These keychain baubles look cuter in real life than they do in this picture.

My goal was to make the frame look lively.

The doorstop was the biggest surpise. It is a juice box, filled with sand, covered with wall paper and border and decorated with puzzle pieces. The monogram is a Russian "D" for Drummond.

This bookmark is a bit of whimsy from the first time around. The spots between the puzzle pieces are actually glitter glue.

1 comments:

Sharlyn said...

I struggle with craft ideas, too. I love the ideas you came up with.