Thursday, May 6, 2010

Tea, Anyone


I wanted to invite an acquaintance for tea in an effort to form a friendship. The lady operates in social/political realm with which I'm totally unfamiliar. But she had offered friendship earlier and I wanted to pursue the offer.

With the house all torn up with the stone falling out of the walls and dust from metal pipes being cut and more piles of clutter and dirt being made faster than I could clean it up, I hesitated to ask. But figured if I didn't invite right away, I'd put it off forever.

So after the welders left, we scurried to bring the kitchen to a semblance of order so that we could offer this "tea." I made cake and cookies, added some fruit to go along with them. Our guest brought more cookies and some sodas. This is what our table looked like after our guest and her granddaughter left.

1 comments:

Diane said...

I don't get on the blogs much anymore, but want you to know, I still think of you often and you're in my prayers. So sorry for your families recent losses! And for all the trouble you've had with your heating and all that it involved. Such a shame~but God's grace makes it endurable. I appreciate all your sacrifices and labors for His kingdoms sake. Keep on keeping on.