Thursday, May 6, 2010

Mom

Yes, I was expecting it--the news that my mother-in-law had passed away. But the day I received the news it was as if someone had knocked me down, knowing that the woman who had raised my husband to be the man that he is, was gone.
Mom had a way of looking at the best in almost any situation and of finding a way to get things done. I love the story Dave tells of him and his mom demolishing a wall, leaving only the electrical wires to meet his dad when his dad got home from work.
Mom had a way of smiling her way through happy and tough situations.
Mom was behind her children all the way. I'll miss her so very much. As she would say, "I have good memories."
And though we'd like to have been able to keep her selfishly near a bit longer, we recognize that there's a time to let go. So as Bethany put it so aptly in her tribute, we'll just keep her in our hearts forever.

1 comments:

Janet said...

Sorry to hear about your loss; so close to the loss of your mom, now your mother-in-law. Praying God's arms of comfort and love will be holding you all tightly.