Sunday, August 31, 2008

Time Off??

This is the ice village the younger VBS team built.

This picture was shot during VBS game time.

These puffy bows are worn the first day of school, although this tyke is too little to go.

We just finished the last VBS. We had an attendance drive and had 40 kids without all our regulars there a couple of times. Because school starts this next week, we changed the time from morning to evening.
The day after VBS we took the teens who helped us to McDonald's and a park where we all tried the exercise equipment. Yes, to you reading skeptics, Dave and I got on some of these as well. When I did, the teens couldn't keep a straight face!! Oh, well. Judean should have been here. She was the most senior member on the TLC team this summer and she kept ahead of all the young folk! Our group, left to right, Katrina, Varduye, Seth behind, Vova, Dima hiding his face, Dave, Vinya, Artyom and Allona.


Today, however is another story. I was sure that last Sunday I had allowed visitors to stay. I actually had a small start on lunch from Saturday. Lunch was going to be quick and easy. Kids' Klub was basically planned out. This Sunday would go more smoothly. First off, I hadn't let visitors stay last Sunday so it was time this Sunday. I started to fix pilaf and didn't have the rice I needed. . . had to wait until we could borrow some. A young fellow came to ask for our Kids' Klub benches to use for a funeral. So the majority of the children sat quilts spread on the floor. . . did I say sat? They wiggled and punched and squirmed and groaned when they stood for action songs.

Our congregation agreed that I needed time off when I told them that the first person to be killed was Cain, not Abel.

Hopefully this next week is a bit more relaxing because we've got to get back to school.

2 comments:

The Taylors said...

Ugh, I know the feeling of "this should be an easy one" only to have it all back fire in your face. I have CHAIRS and work hard to keep kids from wiggling, moaning, falling OUT of their chairs, etc.

Diane said...

I enjoy your posts!