Saturday, May 31, 2008

Miles and More

Whoo! (That's the sound of a sigh of relief.) Been there and back. The flights over the ocean and across the countries went better than normal. By God's grace a lot was accomplished and visited a lot of very important people.
Here's the car I drove--a rental seemed the wiser choice when Dave, the mechanic, wasn't along. In case you can't tell what those droplets are in the picture, they are sweat.
In sixteen days, this little car travelled 4543 miles. It was a work-out for the car and the driver.
Some of the important people I saw (but not all because I didn't use the camera enough!) follow.
My mother and father. This picture is almost a year old. Mother has lost many, many pounds since then.
My children and grandchildren. I didn't get pictures of everybody but here are David, Davey and Daniel. David has just got them out of bed.
Dave's mom.
While I was gone some major changes were made in our house. One room went from this
to this.
While I was gone from Nova Odessa, Faith Hamilton wrote that she might come see us to help out again this summer and planned to arrive a day before I did in Kyiv. What a nice surprise to hear, "Boo" in the Frankfurt airport and look up to see her standing there.
After a good night's sleep, we've been sweeping and mopping all the dust left around the house from the changes. We're looking forward to a good Sunday.

1 comments:

Diane said...

So glad you made it back safe and sound Twila! I enjoyed our visit, short though it was.

We had an excellent service tonight in the camp, Curtis M. was saved, among other experiences. He really got a good, clear witness. We're praising God for the breakthrough.