Monday, April 21, 2008

Mnoga Monday



That first word in Russian means much or many. I thought about things that I was thankful for and wanted more flexibility than Tuesday Ten's Thursday Thirteens or Friday Fifteens!!! I'm not sure I can think that far but I thought it would be good to try to list some things that I'm thankful for.
1. Attitudes of friendship--I'm thankful for friends who care on both sides of the ocean. Several in Nova Odessa have made special efforts to let us know that they are standing behind us after another close friend stole heavily from us.
2. Arms of God--the song says "when all around my soul gives way, He then is all my hope and stay." I'm especially thankful for the times when He calls my name . . . lets me know in a very definite way that He knows where I'm at and that He is fighting for me.
3. Apple pie--don't like 'em raw, but apple pie is very good!
4. Active, atheletic(?) kids--yeah, I know this one stretches it the "a" a bit but it's better than "burnt blotchey potatoes" for "b" in scattergories!!
5. Answers to prayer--the ones that have come, and the ones yet to be.
6. Adobe Pagemaker--that's the program I do newsletter layout in, and have ever since Kansas. It's like a comfortable dress, just fits.
7. Authors--if authors didn't write, I'd have no books to read!
8. Abraham has always inspired me with his awesome faith--taking out on a journey to where? wherever God leads in the next step.
9. Appreciation--a couple sets of our kids' parents told us the other night when we were checking with the parents that it was OK to take the children with us on an activity--"You can take them anywhere. They'll only learn good from you." That was like Rolaids for indigestion . . . a sweet opposite to the distress and pain of the problems of the break-in.
10. April flowers--the bright red of tulips and flowering bushes and trees are so refreshing. I enjoy just looking at them wherever they are.

0 comments: