Thursday, April 24, 2008


For years we've noticed elderly women here who can't walk in an upright position. I haven't seen women like this in Romania, Poland or America. I don't know if it's caused by osteoporosis or too much digging of potatoes. Dave calls me a "camera spy" trying to catch pictures. But this time I did it. It took two tries. The first time she stopped to adjust her load, just the moment I snapped.

I'm glad I serve a God who cares and calls "come unto me all ye who are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest." I'm glad serve a God who is worthy of all my trust and obedience.

Here's a part of a poem from Streams in the Desert that speaks of trusting.

When the frosts are in the valley,
And the mountain tops are grey,
And the choicest buds are blighted,
And the blossoms die away,
A loving Father whispers,
"This cometh from my hand";
Blessed are ye if ye trust
Where ye cannot understand.

0 comments: