Monday, March 10, 2008

Bright Spots



Andy brought this set of Alaskan wind chimes that were broken as we tried to hang them up. BUT I did what my mother would have done, and glued it back together and hung it up anyway. The little Eskimo in the center was being contrary and no matter how I tried, I couldn't get him to turn around for the picture!!


I saw this coat rack recently and hurried to get a picture of it! I hope you think it is as unique as I do. My mother has a collection of musical items. I'll take the picture for her collection!!!
International Women's Day is the eighth of March. It is a pretty major holiday here. Children get out of school. Not just government businesses close, others do as well. Gifts are given; a small party is held in honor of women. We got a small gift for the women and girls of our church.
I joined the crowd this year and called several to wish them happy Women's Day. Dave got me a phone card so I even spent a few minutes on the phone to the US.



Otherwise two of the boys brought in these handmade gifts.


The main police investigator, a woman, from the recent break-in called to wish me happy Women's Day! That was a big surprise! I can always enjoy a new friend even if I do come to know them in odd ways!

0 comments: