Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Who Will Carry the Light?

Everything is in place for Olya to have her heating system installed. The gas utility told her last week that they would be able to come this past Monday. She just needed to call and confirm that on Monday morning. They said that they were too busy. They can come a week from Wednesday. (hint . . hint. . . give us some money and we might move faster . .)
Please pray.


We got the registration we needed to live legally in Ukraine. BUT a legal residency would make life a lot easier. Our lawyer checked in the main government office in Kyiv and was told it shouldn't be a problem. However, in the office where we must present the documents, it is. Within a week or two, he may attempt to talk to the people in this office. Please pray.

The churches in Kenyazachee and Osikova and their pastor, Ramon need prayer. We can't explain all the reasons. Please pray.


Other workers are needed in Ukraine. Some seed has been sown. God is working. But He works through people. We can't be here forever. Katrina can't be here forever. Who will join us in prayer? Who will carry the light to Ukrainians who are living and dying?


If you follow politics, you know of the regressing situation in Russia. When we visited our friends, they told us that two weeks ago in Ukraine some people were beaten for trying to evangelize. Who will keep the prayers going up so that the doors remain open? Who will carry the light while the doors are open?


It was sometime back. A Bible School challenged the American church to send out laborers into God's harvest. God's Spirit was present. The young people sang their last song, its words based on the appeal of a pastor in a needy country. We asked them to copy this song for us. The words are lying on our desk today and express what we think pastor Ramon feels at times.

My Hands Reach Out to You

,

The battle is fierce and I am low,

Trying to make it on my own

Fighting a battle with strength almost gone

Lord, I feel I'm all alone

,

My hands reach out to you

My heart is crying

May my voice call to you

My people are dying

I need workers

Won't you be willing

Please come today

Do not delay

,

My hands reach out to you

So many have come and now are gone

No one to see the work go on

Lord, I cannot do the work by myself

Please could you send me someone else?

0 comments: