Friday, November 30, 2007

Special Birthday Moments

I got an email from a person who wasn't a relative nor close to a relative who had found out when my birthday was!!! How? I decided to check it out. Sure enough our friendly co-missionary had announced to the world I had a birthday!!


My birthday was very special this year. A big thank you to all who helped make it so special.


Special moments of my birthday . . .

  • When I heard from my children in the US through phone and computer,



  • When I heard from so many friends and family through email, (I was quite surprised)



  • When Dave, Seth and Katrina fixed a special meal,



  • When I got gifts like a plant stand to put in the bare entryway,

  • Like a frog planter to put flowers in, in the summer,

  • Like a card, that wished me a "chocolate birthday,"


  • Like a new cup for the hot chocolate that tastes so good and warm on a chilly morning,

  • A gift that stands apart from the rest is still in the making. . . a quilting frame




I've been making a quilt for the fun of the art, to make it reflect Dave and me uniquely and keep my mind on God's faithfulness. I got it to the quilting stage, basted it and tried to start quilting. It started bunching up anyway!! It wouldn't work. I carefully stored it in a bag and wondered when I would ever get it finished.
Dave bought the materials to make me a quilting frame on my birthday and the very next day starting working on making it.
I doubt it will ever fit in a suitcase to go back to the US. It's a pity because it will be one of the most special gifts I've ever received.
All of these came together in one special message that all these people cared about me.
Thank you so very, very much.

0 comments: