Monday, November 19, 2007

Thanks, Dima!


The children begged, "Can we please come to your house between services? Please? It's boring for us at home!"

I gave in because I knew that their houses are quiet and they really don't have much to do. Our house when the children come is FULL of noise and activity.

But everyone was hungry . . . what could I fix for an impromptu meal for fifteen people? ?? I decided soup would be about the quickest. . . peeled potatoes and chopped onions, threw in a couple bouillon cubes, chopped the individual-sized meat loaves, left over from lunch, put in the cauliflower and cheese, also leftover, add a jar of beans and we had soup. Three people asked me if they could help me in the process. One peeled potatoes. One sat and waited for me to give them a job. Dima said, "Call me when you need me."

When I told them it was ready, Dima said, "But you didn't call me!"

We finished eating. "Dima, now I have a job! You can do the dishes!"

"No problem," was his quick reply. He rolled up his sleeves and began to work.

Thanks, Dima!!

0 comments: