Saturday, March 20, 2010

Answers to Prayer

This week has had several answers to prayer. . . and there are of course, several challenges left.

One answer to prayer: the mechanics found the problem with our van. Jason had narrowed the non-working part down to the injector pump. We thought it would have to be rebuilt or we would have to get a new one. Something was wrong with the wires going to the pump. Here's Allona washing it as part of our Sunday preparation.



Here's another: my husband is as well as can be expected starting into spring. He has severe allergies to pollen. That puts him bed normally once or twice a season.
He started cutting the pipes with a grinder. Dust and rust started flying. His eyes got red. He started sneezing and acting like he didn't feel good at all. I gave him some medicine . . . no quick improvement. I couldn't help with the work, but I could ask God to help my husband. Five minutes later I returned to check on him and the red eyes and sneezing were gone.


Radiators are sold in single rib-like sections here, each rib costing around $10. Downstairs almost every rib had frozen and burst. Upstairs maybe a third are affected so if we can take the bad ribs out and reconnect good ribs to each other, we might not have to replace all the upstairs radiators.

And the best for the last: Since my house is quite torn apart in spots, I haven't invited company in, especially one lady who has been on my mind a long time, a police inspector. She's not at the bottom in her job and I haven't been around her much but she wanted to be friends with me. Much to my surprise, I had a chance to talk to her today in the bazaar. She said she had called me on the last holiday and hadn't been able to reach me.

As for challenges? We discovered another leak in our water system outside today. Katrina's heating system still requires work in the offices and physically in her house. Ours still requires major work. All the radiators are off the walls. Trying lead God-annointed services is another. Building relationships and working with people is a third.

1 comments:

Diane said...

You're in my thoughts and prayers! I'm sorry things are so tough right now, trusting that you'll see big improvements soon!