Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!!

Most of our friends know Dave and I met when he rescued me from scrubbing baked chicken from pans in the GBS kitchen. Just wanted to say that he still comes to my rescue

. . . when I'm having a horrible, awful day.
. . . when we're trying to figure out what to do next.
. . . when there's someone in need and we're trying to help.
. . . when I'm beyond words.
. . . when I'm too quiet with others, he is outgoing, making friends, easily.
. . . when I'm too tired to cook.
. . . when I plan too much and sometimes he has to say 'no' for me.
. . . when I'm afraid to spend and he gets me a special gift.
. . . when there's too much to do on my to-do list and he takes over a few chores.

This time he has made the papier mache car pinata, and bases of the centerpieces for our "winners!!" party for our children who come to service.

He painted the base coat and I added the "details."

He has also made me a hot dog bun cutter. You can't buy hot dog buns normally in Ukraine. I have made buns but when I cut them they have had square corners!! : (


Working on it . . .



The finished project . . .
I thank God for the sweetheart He gave me. I'm doing my best to cherish every moment we have together.

2 comments:

Janette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janette said...

Hello. You may remember me from Great Bend, KS.

I am making some prayer cards for our church's missionary service in Shelbyville. Do you suppose you could send me your current address, phone #, as well as all the birthdays of your family? Please email me at
tjcastle01@comcast.net

Thanks!