Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Getting Ready


We played with and investigated all our gifts. My main gift wasn't too mind-boggling, a linoleum.
Yep, on Christmas Day, my dear family helped me put down a linoleum! . . . we finished some seat covers that were part of another gift and then we found more fun things to do because the rest of the week, we planned to get ready for the guests, (about 30 of them), for the New Year's Party and retreat.

In the US, I had bought cheap cloth from Walmart to make new curtains, for both bathrooms and the room that is fixed up for recreation for visiting teenagers. The day after Christmas I made curtains. Dave worked on repairs at Katrina's. Seth painted. Allona and Vova kept the rest of life continuing by fixing lunch and doing other errands. At the end of the day, I scrubbed paint off my hands and we had Christmas rehearsal.

Today, I hope to cook ahead food for the busy times. Tomorrow is scheduled for a final cleaning time. And tomorrow, Dave is planning to drive the 300 miles to Kyiv to meet the Boyds, (from Hope International Missions) turn around and drive back home again. All of the activity in our home ends on next Wednesday/Thursday. We have tentative plans for Christmas carolling closer to and after the weekend. Next Sunday is our Christmas program. Hopefully I can share some of that with you. But until then, I had better get to work!!

1 comments:

Jason said...

Good to see your Christmas pictures. Did Seth, Vova, and Allona like the gifts we sent? Check our blog for our Christmas pics.
Love ya!